Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
T's & C's
Welcome to our website. Alberton Hardware (Pty) Ltd is registered offices at 33 Van Riebeeck Avenue, Alberton North under the company
registration number 1989/001959/07 and trading as Alberton Hardware. Please read the Terms and Conditions of this website in order to understand how they may affect the use of any products and services on offer to you.
The Terms and Conditions stated here are for the Alberton Hardware online website exclusively and may differ from the terms and
conditions for the Alberton Hardware in-store purchases.
- By using the online store, you agree and accept the Terms and Conditions, as
set out below, without modification, reservations or changes. By using
this website you agree that these Terms and Conditions apply as the final
agreement with Alberton Hardware, should you wish to make a purchase.
- Use of this website is entirely at your own risk. We do not warrant that the
use of the website will be without error or interruption or that the
servers that make the website available are entirely virus free at all
times. No liability will be accepted by Alberton Hardware for damage or
loss of any kind arising from the access to our website.
- No products or goods will be released or dispatched unless full payment has
been received and the payment has been confirmed by the relevant banks.
This is applicable to all payment methods including, but not limited to,
credit card payments and electronic funds transfer.
- All goods purchased on this website will be supplied by Alberton Hardware unless
otherwise stated where as part of the delivery a third party may be
- The contract of sale will only be concluded once the order is accepted by Alberton
- Alberton Hardware does not warrant that the content displayed on the website is
always accurate but every step is taken to ensure that information is up
to date and complete.
- All rights relating to logos, text, images, data, information or other
material communicated on the website are for use on this website and are
for viewing purposes only. Unauthorized use, changes or copying is
- Alberton Hardware values all feedback via the “Contact Us” option on the website.
Any information placed on the website will become our property and will
not be limited in any way whatsoever as to the use of the information. Any
inappropriate comments that contain unlawful, obscene or defamatory
material will not be permitted and will be removed from the website
- Alberton Hardware will not distribute, sell or share any personal information
provided on this website with anyone else and will solely be restricted to
be used on the website and/or the transaction processed on it. We reserve
the right to communicate with you regarding information that may be
required related to the services or products as a result of use of the
website. All personal information is held securely.
- To use and access this website you will require a suitable device with
internet connectivity and Alberton Hardware shall not be held liable for
any charges that may be incurred by you as a result of the connectivity.
- Only online orders that have been completed and paid for in full will be
processed for delivery.
- Alberton Hardware will not accept responsibility for orders placed incorrectly on
the website and will not be held liable for delivering the original
intended item unless subject to an additional delivery charge.
- Delivery is free for orders over R 2 000.00 (Two Thousand Rand) including VAT and
is within 20 km radius of a Alberton Hardware. Goods must be signed for
upon delivery by yourself or your nominated person that is over the age of
18. Deliveries will take place during office hours (9 am to 5 pm Monday to
Friday) and are limited to 1 delivery address per order.
- A delivery fee of R 100.00 (One hundred rand) will apply to online orders
that do not meet the free delivery criteria. Prices for delivery may vary
in far reaching or outlying areas.
- Goods ordered and paid for online may, at your choice, also be collected from us
directly. Please indicate on the order if you require this option.
- Alberton Hardware operates in terms of the requirements of the Consumer protection
Act and our terms and conditions policy is aligned with it.
- Should you wish to return any item received from an online purchase, it is your
responsibility to return it to Alberton Hardware, with the original
invoice and all the packaging and accessories. Alberton Hardware will not
be liable to collect the goods from you that have been delivered to you
for any reason whatsoever. Alberton Hardware will not be held responsible
for any costs that may be incurred by you as a result of returning the
product. This includes, but is not limited to, loss of income, loss of revenue,
or any travel expenses.
- Alberton Hardware will accept goods back for credit within 48 hours of delivery if
it is in exactly the same state and condition that it was when it was
originally supplied to you. This includes but is not restricted to all packaging
- Most goods that are defective when purchased or fail due to a manufacture fault
will be swapped out, credited or exchanged within a 7 day period from date
- Excluded from the 7 day swap out are –
· Items that were purchased by special order arrangement; Any
items that show sign of misuse or abuse; Goods that are susceptible to power
surges; Accidental damage.
· Goods that cannot be comprehensively tested in store due to
suppliers warranty policy. These goods will be sent to the original suppliers
for testing. No repair, refund or replacement will be issued before the testing
or a detailed report issued of the items is complete and has been reviewed by
the authorized repair center. Alberton Hardware will not be held responsible
for loss of any nature that may occur during this period of testing and
assessment whether it is loss of earnings, travel, warranty or any other cause.
on all goods will not be valid at all if the serial number has been
removed, altered, modified, damaged, erased or marked in any way
Save for the Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008 and the
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, No. 25 of 2005, Alberton
Hardware will not be held liable for any damage, loss or liability of nature
arising from the use, or inability to use, the Alberton
Hardware online store.
Alberton Hardware has done its upmost to ensure that the site is
free from errors, but do not assert that the site and its content is free from
errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error
free. If you do note any errors or problems, please report them to Alberton
Hardware via email.
Information and content on the website should not be seen as
professional advice supported by Alberton Hardware. It is the responsibility of
the client to ensure that the products or goods that they purchase meet their
needs before they are purchased as all goods are sold on an “as is” basis.